[UE4]Release Version Features Notes
Keywords: UE4, Release Version Features Notes
Pause Clothing Simulation
- Run-time Instancing
- Movable Spotlight support on Mobile
- Dithered LOD Transitions on Mobile
- Unreal Insights(Beta)
- Chaos - Destruction (Beta)
- Skin Weight Profile system
- Virtual Texturing (which can reduce texture memory overhead and increase performance when using very large textures)
- Inertial Blending (Beta)
- Animation Blueprint Linking (Beta)
- Atmospheric Sky
- Modeling Mode (Experimental)
- Modeling Mode Sculpting Tools (Experimental)
- Auto-instancing on Mobile (Experimental)
- DTLS Support (Experimental).
Open World Updates:
- Landscape Blueprint Brushes and Landmass Plugin (Beta).
Mobile rendering has undergone some internal changes following improvements made to the rest of the Unreal Engine renderer.
- New performance improvements and features include mobile GPUScene instancing and culling, Skin Cache, Distance Field support, CSM caching, and the pre-integrated SSS shading model.
- Mobile Deferred Rendering Mode is a deferred renderer optimized for modern mobile GPU architecture that supports improved lighting and reflection quality and features over that of default Forward Mobile Renderer.(OpenGL ES Experimental)
- OpenGL ES version 3.2 is now required on Android
- iOS version 14 or later is supported
Mobile rendering improvements